and Technical High School and 20
other Jeffco schools participated in
a mock emergency exercise putting
their studies in fire science and
emergency medicine to use.
Wins Mock Trial Competition Lakewood High School's
Mock Trial team wins
the district championship
for the fifth year in a row.
Jeffo Public School students will have several options for attending classes this summer. Read More.
Engage Jeffco Schools
The district is always looking for ways to better connect with the people who have an interest in our schools. We also understand that attending a meeting to make your voice heard is not always possible. We searched for another way to connect with our community and we think we have found it. We offer an online discussion fourm Engage Jeffco Schools.
Helping Kids Thrive Parent Nights
Helping Kids Thrive are free parenting classes, which provide hands-on practical tools, skills and information to help children grow in positive ways. Classes include Empowering Successful Kids, Healthy Families, When to Worry and Cyber Safety.
These evenings are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, April 15 at O’Connell Middle School (English & Spanish available)
- Tuesday, April 22 at Wayne Carle Middle School
- Tuesday, April 29 at West Jefferson Middle School.
- Tuesday, May 6 at Arvada K-8 (English & Spanish available)
Helping Kids Thrive is a partnership of Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Jeffco Public Schools, Title 1 and the Colorado Legacy Foundation.
2014-15 Budget Development Process
The 2014-15 Budget Development is currently in process. Read more about the Budget Development Process.
The process to choose a new superintendent for Jeffco Public Schools is underway. Members of the Jefferson County Board of Education have hired Ray and Associates, Inc. to lead that work. Eleven public meetings have been held to collect input from parents, students, staff and the community. Ray and Associates has also conducted a public survey to gather additional input. The information will be used to develop a superintendent profile to help guide the search for a new Jeffco superintendent.
Superintendent Search Timeline
- Friday, March 28, survey closed
- Thursday, April 3, Board of Education (BOE) to approve superintendent profile
- Application Deadline: April 25, 2014
- Monday, May 5, BOE to review candidates in a closed meeting
- Mid-May: interviews and selection