This November, the Jefferson County Schools will have two of five Board of Education seats open for election. The director districts up for election include Districts 3 and 4. Jefferson County voters will vote on all candidates choosing one candidate per director district.
Jefferson County Elections has determined recall petition signatures sufficient for director districts 1, 2 and 5. The protest period began August 19 and ends close of business September 2. Read more.
The Board of Education is the policy-making body of the school district. The Board is composed of five members, elected to alternating four-year terms. Board members receive no pay; they give freely of their time to serve the community.
Additional election information will be posted as it becomes available. Please check back periodically.
- Must be registered to vote
- Must be a resident of the school district for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the election
- Must be a resident of the director district in which s/he is a candidate
- Must not have been convicted of a sexual offense against a child
Once Declared as a Candidate
- Must meet filing requirements under Colorado's Fair Campaign Practices Act
- Must file a candidate's affidavit with the Secretary of State's office within 10 days of becoming a candidate
- Must report contributions and expenditures on the Secretary of State's online TRACER program by dates due
- Must file FCPA documents by October 13, October 30 and December 3
- Must file for Nomination Petitions through the Jeffco Public Schools Board/Superintendent Office, 1829 Denver West Dr., 4th floor, Golden
- Must collect 50 eligible elector signatures by August 28 when petitions are due back to the Jeffco Public Schools Board/Superintendent office
- Petition packets are available beginning August 5 from the Board/Superintendent office
Colorado Christian University is hosting a forum on Monday, August 31 at 7 pm,Leprino Hall, 180 S. Garrison St., Lakewood. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakewood's Ward 4 Town Hall meeting will host candidates on Saturday, September 12, 9:30 am, Green Mountain Presbyterian Church in Lakewood. Contact: email@example.com
Jeffco Charter School Consortium will host one forum Monday, September 21 from 6-7:30 pm at Collegiate Academy, 8420 Sangre De Cristo Rd., Littleton. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foothills Branch AAUW is hosting a candidate forum on Saturday, October 17 at 10 am at the Arvada Food Bank, 8555 W. 57th Avenue in Arvada. Contact:
Jeffco League of Women Voters is hosting three candidate Meet & Greet events from 7-9 pm on Tuesday, September 15, at Peak Community/Wellness Center, 6612 S. Ward St., Littleton; Thursday, September 24, at Arvada K8 School, 5751 Balsam St., Arvada; Tuesday, September 29, at First United Methodist Church of Golden, 1500 Ford St., Golden. Contact: Cath Perrone, 303-238-0032
Wheat Ridge United Neighborhoods is hosting a forum on Wednesday, September 30 at 7 pm, Wheat Ridge City Council Chambers, SE corner Wadsworth/29th Ave. Contact: email@example.com
Lakewood Branch AAUW is hosting a forum Thursday, October 8 at 7 pm, Holy Shepard Lutheran Church, 920 Kipling St., Lakewood. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Board/Superintendent Office is informed of forums or debates the information will be posted here.
Director District 3 – 4 year term ending 2019
Director District 4 – 4 year term ending 2019
• Website: (pending)
Election Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Voting: The election will be held by mail ballot and Voter Service and Polling Centers, beginning with the mailing of ballots to voters beginning Monday, October 12 with all ballots mailed to active electors by October 16.
To provide information for this web page or if you have questions regarding the election, please email the designated election official in the Board/Superintendent Office.