This November, the Jefferson County Schools will have two of five Board of Education seats open for election. The director districts up for election include Districts 3 and 4. Jefferson County voters will vote on all candidates choosing one per director district. The Jefferson County Elections is expected to certify recall petition language by July 8. If certified, 15,000 signatures of eligible electors would need to be collected in 60 days. Read more.
The Board of Education is the policy-making body of the school district. The Board is composed of five members, elected to alternating four-year terms. Board members receive no pay; they give freely of their time to serve the community.
Additional election information will be posted as it becomes available. Please check back periodically.
- Must be registered to vote
- Must be a resident of the school district for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the election
- Must be a resident of the director district in which s/he is a candidate
- Must not have been convicted of a sexual offense against a child
Once Declared as a Candidate
- Must meet filing requirements under Colorado's Fair Campaign Practices Act
- Must file a candidate's affidavit with the Secretary of State's office within 10 days of becoming a candidate
- Must report contributions and expenditures on the Secretary of State's online TRACER program by dates due
- Must file FCPA documents by October 13, October 30 and December 3
- Must file for Nomination Petitions through the Jeffco Public Schools Board/Superintendent Office, 1829 Denver West Dr., 4th floor, Golden
- Must collect 50 eligible elector signatures by August 28 when petitions are due back to the Jeffco Public Schools Board/Superintendent office
- Petition packets are available beginning August 5 from the Board/Superintendent office
Foothills Branch AAUW is hosting a candidate forum on Saturday, October 17 at 10 am at the Arvada Food Bank, 8555 W. 57th Avenue in Arvada. Contact: email@example.com
Lakewood Branch AAUW is hosting a candidate forum on Thursday, October 8 at 7 pm at the Holy Shepard Lutheran Church, 920 Kipling St., Lakewood. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Board/Superintendent Office is informed of forums or debates the information will be posted here.
Director District 3 – 4 year term ending 2019
Director District 4 – 4 year term ending 2019
Election Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Voting: The election will be held by mail ballot and Voter Service and Polling Centers, beginning with the mailing of ballots to voters beginning Monday, October 12 with all ballots mailed to active electors by October 16.
To provide information for this web page or if you have questions regarding the election, please email the designated election official in the Board/Superintendent Office.