Jeffco Public Schools is initiating a Districtwide Facilities Master Plan (DWFMP) to support the Jeffco Strategic Plan and prepare for the next Capital Improvement Plan. Once the DWFMP is completed and approved by the Board of Education, a Capital Improvement Plan, to be put before the voters, will be prepared.
The purpose of the DWFMP is to provide the basis by which Jeffco will:
• Ensure facilities meet the needs of students & staff.
• Ensure safe learning and working environments.
• Ensure facilities are maintained.
The plan is based on two major components, which will utilize the information collected in each element, so that the district could prepare a Districtwide Facilities Master Plan in March of 2010.
The DWFMP provides recommendations for new school construction, school by school renovation budgets, alternative delivery strategies and/or campus consolidations.
The three inter-related components include the following:
Capital Asset Planning (CAP)
Capital Assess Planning (CAP) was an effort performed by a group of outside consultants, Jacobs, in conjunction with the Jeffco’s Facilities Planning & Design and Construction Management departments. As part of CAP, and educational adequacy and facility condition assessment of every building in the district was conducted from June-Sept. 2009. In addition, there was school and community outreach to inform and solicit input into the DWFMP process. Summary:
- Micro Level Assessment
- Educational Adequacy
- School & Community Outreach
- Implementation, Bond Planning, Long Term Capital Allocation
- Consolidation of Multiple Planning/Maintenance Tools
Preliminary Facilities Master Plan
Report to the Board of Education
On Jan. 21, 2011, the Jefferson County Board of Education agreed to continue working on the Preliminary Facilities Master Plan, but decided not move forward with any aspects of the plan, including school closures, at that time. If you wish to make further comments about the Preliminary Master Plan you can send e-mails to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
State-Wide Financial Assistance Priority Assessment
As part of legislative action funded by the State budget, an educational suitability assessment and a life cycle assessment of major system components was assessed from May-Oct. 2009.
- Macro Level Assessment of all K-12 Educational Facilities in the State
- Legislative action funded by the State Budget
Timeline for Assessment Activities
Each school was visited by 4 teams as follows:
- CAP: Educational Adequacy Assessment Review each instructional space.
- CAP: Building Condition Assessment Identify line item deficiencies.
- State Life Cycle Assessment. Identify the remaining life of major systems.
- State Educational Suitability Assessment Principal interview regarding facility usage.