View reports published by the Assessment & Research Department.
- 2011-2012 - Make Your Voice Heard - Student Survey Results
- 2009-2010 - Make Your Voice Heard - Student Survey Results
- 2010 - 2011 - Jeffco Public Schools Employee Opinion Survey - Final Report
The Board of Education recognizes the value of educational research, which brings valid and reliable information to assist teachers, administrators and other staff members in making instructional decisions.The District is especially interested in research in the areas of:
- Student Achievement (e.g., studies that: identify ways to close the achievement gap for minority students; analyze the effectiveness of a year-round school calendar, summer school programs, character education, or prevention programs; explore student safety issues; identify barriers to student achievement; deteermine the effectiveness of Jeffco Schools ILPs.)
- School-to-Work (e.g., studies that: assess how well Jeffco Schools graduates are prepared to enter college or workforce; examine the changes in community college entrance requirements and effects on admission for Jeffco Schools graduates; assess if Jeffco Schools curriculum is aligned with employer needs and expectations.)
- Multi-Cultural Issues (e.g., studies that: examine/explain student achievement by racial, ethnic or linguistic groups; assess Jeffco Schools' instructional programs for English Language Learners; analyze discipline, suspension, and dropout rates by racial, ethnic, or linguistic groups.)
- Changing Work Force Issues (e.g., studies that: examine comprehensive staff development; determine effective instructional coaching programs; examine the impact of new teachers and retaining teachers.)
1) Read the Brief Summary of the Review Process. This is an overview of the entire process and explains each step as a study is reviewed.
2) Download the application requirements. This document lists and describes in a checklist format all of the required components of the application:
- Signed application form - this is for quick reference and must NOT exceed five pages
- Application Fee
- Jeffco Public Schools Criminal Records Check Certification Form
- Letter of approval from institution's IRB or Human Subjects Review board
- Copies of all research instruments
- Copies of consent letters for students, parents, teachers
- Study Description - must include all listed components. The study description is different and separate from the application form. Please do not replace one with the other or combine the two into one document.
3) Download and complete the Application form (in MS Word or PDF format) for conducting research in Jeffco Schools. The application form is intended to be used for quick reference and must not exceed five pages.
4) See Examples of Informed Consent, and carefully read Jeffco's requirements for informed consent in the Application Requirements document.
5) Note Timelines below as you plan your study. Please be aware that the external research review process cannot begin until the application is complete.
- The external research process can take 8 to 12 weeks or longer, depending on the complexity of the application and the extent of district impact.
- Applications will be accepted three times each year:
- February 1 for projects proposed to begin after June 1
- June 1 for projects proposed to begin after September 1
- December 1 (Jeffco Employees Only) for projects proposed to begin after February 1 the following year.
- Applications received between these dates will be processed in the next application period.
- Approved projects will not be initiated in the schools after May 1.
6) Submit five copies of all required application documents and the processing fee to:
Educational Research & Design
Jeffco Public Schools
1829 Denver West Drive, Bldg. #27
Golden, CO 80401-0001
District Policies Related to Conducting Research
Jeffco Assessment & Research Department