To see fees paid for 2013-14, login to Jeffco Connect.
Review the 2013-2014 Fee Schedule here.
The fee schedule is a result of Colorado State Law (CRS 22-32-117). The law allows the Board of Education to authorize the collection of the following fees:
1. Mandatory fees: Requires payment of fees reasonably necessary for and reasonably related to the actual cost of textbooks or expendable educational supplies not provided free of charge basis as a condition of participation or attendance. Waivers of mandatory fees are granted for students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch under the national income poverty guidelines - Board of Education Policy JQ. If other hardship conditions exist, the school principal should be contacted.
2. Voluntary fees: Requires the collection of miscellaneous fees collected as a condition of voluntary participation or attendance at a school - sponsored activity or program not within the academic portion of the educational program or voluntary participation in programs such as preschool, full day kindergarten and summer school.
Students who qualify for Free and Reduced Meals may qualify to have additional fees waived. When completing the Free and Reduced Price Meal Application, parents must consent to the disclosure of the application information for use as an application for other fee waivers. Check boxes designating what programs the information can be used for are included on the bottom of the meal application. Please be sure to check the boxes if you want to apply for additional fee waivers.
Because of increased costs Jeffco Public Schools will charge students for school bus transportation. Under a Board of Education approved plan, the bus fees are as follows:
- All students who ride the bus to a neighborhood school will be charged $150 per child, per year.
- Students who attend option schools will pay $200 per child, per year to ride the bus.
- Choice enrolled students or students ineligible for bus service (those living within walking distance and/or beyond bus service) may buy a bus pass for $200 per child, per year, depending on space available.
- Intra–school shuttles will cost $75.00 per child, per year.
- Half-day kindergarten passes will be available for $75.00 per child per year at neighborhood schools.
- Half-day kindergarten passes will be available for $100.00 per child, per year for option schools.
If a student does not ride the bus, they are not charged a fee.
Transportation fees may be paid before or during registration. Bus passes will be distributed by Transportation personnel.
After the first two weeks of school, students will need to show their pass upon boarding the bus.
Students Exempt from Bus Fees
Students who qualify for free and reduced lunch can apply to have bus fees waived. Special education students with individual needs and an approved IEP specifying eligibility for transportation as a related service will also be exempt from bus fees.