Jeffco Public Schools' Certified Application Assistance Site (CAAS) operates through Jeffco Schools Community & Family Connections (CFC) program. CFC assists ANY individuals inquiring about Health First Colorado (Medicaid)/CHP+ and other health-related resources as well as Jeffco families living in transitional housing situations. Please contact your CFC Liaison or the Intake Line listed below for more information about our services. You can also view our program flyer in English and Spanish.
Jeffco Schools requests partial reimbursement for the health and health related services for students with Health First Colorado (Medicaid) who have an IEP.
These additional resources are used to improve, expand, and/or enhance health and health related services to all students throughout the district in accordance with the Local Service Plan.Health First Colorado (Medicaid)/CHP+ Outreach and Enrollment
How do I enroll my child/children?
Call for an appointment at 303-982-7276. Listen for the option to speak with someone regarding health insurance and other services for students.
Students eligible for Health First Colorado (Medicaid) ...
- Children of low income families
- Children who are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Children of Families receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Children residing in group homes
- Children in foster-care and many children with severe disabilities
Students eligible for CHP+ (Child Health Plan Plus)...
This program is for children (18 and younger) without health insurance coverage. Some families pay a small annual fee plus a small charge to visit a doctor. Other families pay nothing. The difference depends on the number of family members and income.
This program is designed for working families. Many Jefferson County Public Schools employees' children may qualify for this program.
Types of services covered by Health First Colorado (Medicaid)/CHP+
- Check-ups and shots
- Well child care and immunizations
- Medical office visits
- Teen services
- Glasses and hearing aids
- Hospital services including out patient services, inpatient care and inpatient doctors' care
- Pre-Natal care
- Mental Health care including counseling, care hospitalization, and outpatient substance abuse treatments
- Once-per-year voucher for students in Jeffco Schools. Covers exam and eyeglasses in full.
- Student must not have vision insurance
- Family must meet the financial guideline of 200% of Federal Poverty Level.
- Family must complete eligibility screening for Health First Colorado (Medicaid)/CHP+ and if eligible, make an appointment to apply.
- Students with pending Health First Colorado (Medicaid) and CHP+ may qualify.
Dental Resources for Parents
- American Dental Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- Kids in Need of Dentistry (KIND)
- Colorado Oral Health Network
Bilingual CFC Liaison
Covering Jefferson Articulation Area
Covering Conifer, Evergreen, Green Mountain, and Lakewood Articulation Areas
Covering Standley Lake, Ralston Valley, Pomona, Arvada, and Arvada West Articulation Areas
Bilingual CFC Liaison
Covering Alameda and Golden Articulation Areas
Grace Redshirt Tyon
Covering Bear Creek, Chatfield, Columbine, Dakota Ridge and Wheat Ridge Articulation Areas
Title I Office