The Jeffco Schools Medicaid program and the Homeless Service program have merged together and we are now called "COMMUNITY & FAMILY CONNECTIONS (CFC)". CFC continues to assist families living in transition (homeless) as well as assist families applying for Medicaid/CHP+ and provide resources for other medical concerns.
With this merge we have divided the articulation areas (High Schools and the schools that feed into them) between four team members. The CFC Liaison listed below with your articulation area is your new contact for both homeless and Medicaid needs.
Jeffco Schools requests partial reimbursement for the health and health related services for students with Medicaid who have an IEP.
These additional resources are used to improve, expand, and/or enhance health and health related services to all students throughout the district in accordance with the Local Service Plan.Medicaid/CHP+ Outreach and Enrollment
How do I enroll my child/children?
Call for an appointment at 303-982-7276. Listen for the option to speak with someone regarding health insurance and other services for students.
Students eligible for Medicaid...
- Children of low income families
- Children who are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Children of Families receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Children residing in group homes
- Children in foster-care and many children with severe disabilities
Students eligible for CHP+ (Child Health Plan Plus)...
This program is for children (18 and younger) without health insurance coverage. Some families pay a small annual fee plus a small charge to visit a doctor. Other families pay nothing. The difference depends on the number of family members and income.
This program is designed for working families. Many Jefferson County Public Schools employees' children may qualify for this program.
Types of services covered by Medicaid/CHP+
- Check-ups and shots
- Well child care and immunizations
- Medical office visits
- Teen services
- Glasses and hearing aids
- Hospital services including out patient services, inpatient care and inpatient doctors' care
- Pre-Natal care
- Mental Health care including counseling, care hospitalization, and outpatient substance abuse treatments
- Once-per-year voucher for students in Jeffco Schools. Covers exam and eyeglasses in full.
- Student must not have vision insurance
- Family must meet the financial guideline of 200% of Federal Poverty Level.
- Family must complete eligibility screening for Medicaid/CHP+ and if eligible, make an appointment to apply.
- Students with pending Medicaid and CHP+ may qualify.
Dental Resources for Parents
- American Dental Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- Kids in Need of Dentistry (KIND)
- Colorado Oral Health Network
Covering Golden Articulation Area
Covering Alameda and Jefferson Articulation Areas
Covering Conifer, Evergreen, Green Mountain, and Lakewood Articulation Areas
Covering Standley Lake, Ralston Valley, Pomona, Arvada, and Arvada West Articulation Areas