January 20, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information:
Melissa Reeves, firstname.lastname@example.org , Jeffco Public Schools, 303-982-6567
Lynn Setzer, email@example.com , Jeffco Public Schools, 303-982-6810
WHAT: Community forums planned to discuss budget reductions
WHEN: Saturday, Jan. 28 from 9 – 10:30 a.m.
WHERE: Various Jeffco schools listed below
JEFFCO BOARD OF EDUCATION HOLDS BUDGET FORUMS
Jeffco Public Schools is conservatively planning for $70 million in budget reductions over the next two years (2012-2014).
Members of the Jefferson County Board of Education will hold community budget forums on Saturday, Jan. 28, from 9 - 10:30 a.m. at the following Jeffco high schools:
- Arvada High School, 7951 W. 65th Ave., Arvada, 80004
- Columbine High School, 6201 S. Pierce St., Littleton, 80123
- Evergreen High School, 29300 Buffalo Park Rd., Evergreen, 80439
- Ralston Valley High School, 13355 W. 80th Ave., Arvada, 80005
- Bear Creek High School, 9800 W. Dartmouth Pl., Lakewood, 80227
The Citizens’ Budget Advisory Council has developed a prioritized list of suggestions for reductions ; the list is the result of hundreds of community members and staff working since the fall to identify the suggestions for reductions.
Budget forums will be facilitated by board members, assisted by district staff. Participants will take part in small group discussions.
All interested employees and community members are invited to attend. Keep in mind that no final decisions about the budget have been made.