Information For Parents
Thank you for your interest in Jeffco’s 21st Century Virtual Academy. Our program can provide your child with a quality online education backed by Jeffco Public School’s 50-plus years of educating Colorado students.
The school district decided to begin offering online education because we know that today’s students have a variety of educational needs. Not all students can attend a traditional school, and not all students enjoy learning in a physical classroom. In response, we have created a robust, supportive online educational program that is convenient and flexible.
- Our curriculum aligns with the Colorado Department of Education’s standards, and is used by schools throughout Jeffco Public Schools. Learn about the five things to look for in an online school.
- We conduct assessment tests throughout the year to ensure students are making adequate progress toward meeting the standards.
- Our licensed and experienced Colorado teachers are committed to your student’s success.
- Because we are part of the Jeffco Public School District, the Virtual Academy is able to offer tuition-free enrollment to high school and middle school-aged Colorado residents.
- Students have multiple enrollment options and dozens of courses to choose from.
- Parents can monitor their student's attendance, course requirements and grades online.
- Attendance at Jeffco's career and technology school, Warren Tech, is available.
- Students will have the support of their teachers, advisor, counselors, and the Virtual Academy's instructional technology specialist, administration and staff in order to successfully meet their educational goals.
- Students can stay connected to their classmates through our online class sessions, group projects, field trips, and student clubs and organizations.
- Advanced elementary and middle school students have the opportunity to take online high school courses that meet their needs. Students and parents interested in learning more about this option are encouraged to speak to their administration or counselor at their schools to discuss the option.
- Credits from Jeffco's 21st Century Virtual Academy are accepted by colleges and universities, as well as other high schools.
- Students who gain enough credits to graduate will obtain a Jeffco Public School's diploma.
Please read the FAQ page for more details about our premier online school. If you have additional questions and would like to talk to one of the Virtual Academy staff members, please call 303-982-6770, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.