We support, develop, and implement policies and practices that encourage 21st century skills and respond to the diverse gifts and talents in learners from all cultures, racial and ethnic backgrounds, and socioeconomic groups. Jeffco Schools’ Educational Research and Design Gifted and Talented team supports and engages in research and professional development, community outreach, advocacy, communication, and collaboration with all stakeholders to improve the quality of education for all learners. By nurturing potential through challenging, meaningful and respectful learning experiences, we support creative producers, responsible problem solvers and autonomous learners in a global community.
What is a Gifted Student?
"Gifted and talented children” means those persons between the ages of four and 21 whose abilities, talents, and potential for accomplishment are so exceptional or developmentally advanced that they require special provisions to meet their educational needs. Gifted and talented students are capable of high performance, exceptional production, or exceptional learning behavior by virtue of any or a combination of these areas:
- General or specific intellectual abilities
- Specific academic aptitude
- Creative or productive thinking
- Leadership and human relations ability
- Visual arts, performing arts, spatial or musical abilities
- Psychomotor abilities
- Online Application
- The 2017 Fall Application will open on August 1, 2017
- 15 Traits of Giftedness Online Form
- Parents must complete the online form.
- Outside Testing Data
- If you have additional outside testing data (WISC IV, DAS, Stanford-Binet, OLSAT, etc.) from the last calendar year, please send to: