Phone Number: 303-982-5760
Fax Number: 303-982-5761
Email Address: Michele.DeAndrea-Austin@jeffco.k12.co.us
Principal: Michele DeAndrea-Austin
Articulation Area: Golden
Grades Served: Kindergarten - 6th Grade
School Mascot: Cougar
School Colors: Black, Gold
Classroom Hours: 8:10 AM - 2:55 PM
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Preschool Program? no
- Full Day Kindergarten? yes
- Half Day Kindergarten? yes
See School View the Colorado Department of Education's report on school and district performance.
Sources of School Pride
- Kyffin is a proud participant in Jeffco's Professional Learning Community cohort. We recognize that continual learning is essential for all members of the school community. Grade level teams collaborate on a consistent basis to analyze State Standards, Jeffco’s Curriculum, and instructional best practices. Data is gathered and utilized to continually adjust instruction to meet the needs of our diverse learners.
- CDE Highly Effective School Library Program Award recipient - Awarded in 2015. This award is only awarded to a few schools in Colorado each year.
- Kyffin Elementary proudly offers Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS). This includes a school-wide “What I Need”, or WIN block. Students are flexibly grouped in order to provide each with needs-based instruction. Teachers collaborate to determine programming based on multiple measures including student classroom performance. Extensions, enrichment, and interventions are all incorporated as part of this comprehensive system of support.
The Kyffin community is strong, with a great deal of parent involvement. With this comes a lot of volunteer opportunities, community events, and extracurricular activities. Also, through the Positive Behavior Intervention Support program, students learn to follow their Positive, Respectful, Responsible, and Safe (PRRS) behaviors to create a caring, responsible community. Kyffin has both a Significant Support Needs (SSN2) Special Education program and a Gifted and Talented (GT) Center program. While Kyffin has approximately 150 students identified as GT, the school prides itself on meeting the needs of every student through professional learning communities, data-driven instructional practice, innovation, and collaborative learning.