Phone Number: 303-271-1977
Fax Number: 303-271-1984
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal: Seth Webb
Articulation Area: Charter
Grades Served: PK - 12th Grade
School Mascot: Unicorns
School Colors: White, Pink
Classroom Hours: 7:40 AM - 3:00 PM
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Preschool Program? yes
- Full Day Kindergarten? yes
- Half Day Kindergarten? no
See School View the Colorado Department of Education's report on school and district performance.
Sources of School Pride
- Compass Montessori is one of a limited number of public schools in the nation that offers a fully articulated Montessori program from preschool through high school. This unique school is recognized as a model for how to successfully implement a Montessori program from the Children's House all the way through to adulthood. Although Compass is a school that is recognized for its innovation, the teachers and staff live the school's mission to provide an "authentic Montessori education" and so anchors its program on the writings and vision of Maria Montessori. For this reason, our school is sought after both by parents and by staff for the opportunity to be a part of a community that anchors its work in Montessori-directed best practices.
- The school provides free after school enrichment activities for students from 3-4 pm Monday through Thursday with classes that include core academics (reading, writing, and math), sensory offerings (art, cooking, and music), and physical activities among others
- Established in 1998, Compass has served the Jefferson county community for 18 years of successful operations, which can be attributed to its sound financial practices, low attrition, high parent satisfaction, and low staff turnover.
Compass Montessori School serves students from Preschool through 12th grade. Our goal is to foster competent, responsible, and independent citizens who actively participate in their own learning, while conscientiously respecting themselves, their peers, the environment and the world in which they live. Students receive an unimaginably valuable education that specifically prepares them for their transition into adulthood. With prepared environments, vibrant teachers, and authentic Montessori curriculum, the school is an active center of joy and learning.