Phone Number: 303-982-8714
Fax Number: 303-982-8715
Principal: Victoria Kaye, Jason Smith
Articulation Area: Bear Creek
Grades Served: Kindergarten - 8th Grade
School Mascot: Bear
School Colors: Green, Gold
Classroom Hours: 8:10 AM - 2:45 PM
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Preschool Program? no
- Full Day Kindergarten? yes
- Half Day Kindergarten? yes
Sources of School Pride
- Our students and staff are building a community characterized by mutual respect and acceptance.
- 6th - 8th grade students are eligible to try out for competitive athletics, which include soccer, volleyball, cheerleading, basketball and track & field. We compete with out of district teams.
- Our student run Seed-to-Table program will plant and harvest its 9th year of crops in 2016.
Bear Creek K-8 School serves approximately 1,125 students and is committed to creating a learning environment that promotes student achievement and success by maintaining a rigorous instructional pace, integrating technology, fostering safety, and encouraging parent-community participation. Approximately 50% of our exiting 8th grade students have successfully completed Algebra 1 and/or Geometry and nearly 85% have mastered two years of Spanish. To cultivate well-rounded students we also offer many extracurricular activities, which include Spanish Enrichment (elementary level), competitive sports, Mad Science, Artful Journey and Hand Bell Choir. In addition, we have implemented several service projects that continue to significantly assist several families in our community who are challenged by economic hardships.