Zip Code: 80401-5241
Phone Number: 303-982-5760
Fax Number: 303-982-5761
Email Address: email@example.com
Principal: Michele DeAndrea-Austin
Articulation Area: Golden
Grades Served: Kindergarten - 6th Grade
School Mascot: Cougar
School Colors: Black, Gold
Classroom Hours: 8:10 AM - 2:55 PM
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Preschool Program? no
- Full Day Kindergarten? yes
- Half Day Kindergarten? yes
Sources of School Pride
- Kyffin has been a John Irwin School of Excellence Award winner for 12 years.
- CDE Highly Effective School Library Program Award recipient - Awarded in 2015. This award is only awarded to a few schools in Colorado each year, and the Highly Effective status will be retained until 2018 if the library personnel does not change.
- Kyffin has a very tight and involved parent community that includes a strong PTA and accountability committee. Additionally, Kyffin has a Gifted and Talented Center program that coexists with its comprehensive, neighborhood school mission and vision.
The Kyffin community is strong, with a great deal of parent involvement. With this comes a lot of volunteer opportunities, community events, and extracurricular activities. As a multi-year John Irwin School of Excellence Award winner, there's a lot of Cougar Pride at Kyffin. Also, through the Positive Behavior Intervention Support program, students learn to follow their Positive, Respectful, Responsible, and Safe (PRRS) behaviors to create a caring, responsible community. Finally, Kyffin has a Gifted and Talented (GT) Center program. While Kyffin has approximately 250 students identified as GT, the school prides itself on meeting the needs of every student through problem-solving, data-driven instructional practice, and collaborative learning communities.