Phone Number: 303-982-5760
Fax Number: 303-982-5761
Email Address: email@example.com
Principal: Michele DeAndrea-Austin
Articulation Area: Golden
Grades Served: Kindergarten - 6th Grade
School Mascot: Cougar
School Colors: Black, Gold
Classroom Hours: 8:10 AM - 2:55 PM
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Preschool Program? no
- Full Day Kindergarten? yes
- Half Day Kindergarten? yes
See School View the Colorado Department of Education's report on school and district performance.
Sources of School Pride
- Kyffin has been a John Irwin School of Excellence Award winner for 12 years.
- CDE Highly Effective School Library Program Award recipient - Awarded in 2015. This award is only awarded to a few schools in Colorado each year, and the Highly Effective status will be retained until 2018 if the library personnel does not change.
- Kyffin has a very tight and involved parent community that includes a strong PTA and accountability committee. Additionally, Kyffin has a Gifted and Talented Center program that coexists with its comprehensive, neighborhood school mission and vision.
The Kyffin community is strong, with a great deal of parent involvement. With this comes a lot of volunteer opportunities, community events, and extracurricular activities. As a multi-year John Irwin School of Excellence Award winner, there's a lot of Cougar Pride at Kyffin. Also, through the Positive Behavior Intervention Support program, students learn to follow their Positive, Respectful, Responsible, and Safe (PRRS) behaviors to create a caring, responsible community. Finally, Kyffin has a Gifted and Talented (GT) Center program. While Kyffin has approximately 250 students identified as GT, the school prides itself on meeting the needs of every student through professional learning communities, data-driven instructional practice, innovation, and collaborative learning.