Phone Number: 303-982-6460
Fax Number: 303-982-6461
Email Address: email@example.com
Principal: Kimberly Schlarbaum
Articulation Area: Standley Lake
Grades Served: PK - 6th Grade
School Mascot: Pioneer
School Colors: Purple, Teal
Classroom Hours: 8:40 AM - 3:25 PM
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Preschool Program? yes
- Full Day Kindergarten? yes
- Half Day Kindergarten? yes
See School View the Colorado Department of Education's report on school and district performance.
Sources of School Pride
- Our school is committed to developing the academic, social/emotional and physical well being of ALL of our students.
- We have a before and after school day care program through Red Rocks to support our working families offering enrichment activities and homework support.
- Our school uses Positive Behavior Support to highlight positive school behavior to increase student engagement. We also implement the Brain Wise curriculum to support our students' social/emotional education.
Semper has a warm, welcoming environment. We encourage parent participation by providing multiple opportunities to volunteer in their child's classroom. The Semper community is proud of our diversity and the 24 different languages spoken at Semper. We host the Young Writers Conference, Spelling Bee, GeoBee and English Second Language parent meetings. We also have an active Student Council that participates in multiple community service projects.
We believe in the importance of the arts at Semper in helping develop well rounded students with each grade level preparing and performing each year. Teachers develop a positive classroom environment beginning the first day of school. We set high expectations for behaviors in the halls, cafeteria, and at lunch and recess.
Students are assessed frequently, and the data is used to guide instruction. Each grade level team works collaboratively to plan units of instruction and to provide students with the necessary interventions and extensions to improve their achievement.