Zip Code: 80127-3901
Phone Number: 303-982-3901
Fax Number: 303-982-3899
Email Address: email@example.com
Principal: Georgina Yacovetta-Rivas
Articulation Area: Chatfield
Grades Served: PK - 5th Grade
School Mascot: Pioneers
School Colors: Blue, Burgundy
Classroom Hours: 9:05 AM - 3:35 PM
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 4:05 PM
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Preschool Program? yes
- Full Day Kindergarten? yes
- Half Day Kindergarten? yes
Sources of School Pride
- We are recipients of the John Irwin School of Excellence Award. We are recognized in 5280 Magazine
- We are a Project Wisdom and Thinking Maps School.
- We have an active PTA and an involved parent community.
Mission - What is our purpose? At Shaffer Elementary, it is our mission to create a culture of kindness and compassion, and believe in the success and achievement of every child.
Vision - What do we hope to become - our sense of direction? Our vision at Shaffer Elementary is to have a partnership with our community. We are moving forward with differentiated instruction that gives all students the skills they need for success in a changing world. It is our responsibility to provide a safe, caring environment where all children can reach their full potential.
Shaffer Elementary is committed to achieving and maintaining the following:
* A clear and shared focus on student learning using common language
* High levels of collaboration and communication within our learning community
* Aligned curriculum, instruction and assessment with District, State and National Standards
* A learning environment that honors different learning and teaching styles
* Continuous monitoring of teaching and learning methods with adjustments made to meet the individual needs of our community
* The integration of technology to enhance our instruction.