Phone Number: 303-982-2770
Fax Number: 303-982-2771
Email Address: email@example.com
Principal: Sandy Burch
Articulation Area: Dakota Ridge
Grades Served: PK - 6th Grade
School Mascot: Aviators
School Colors: Blue, White
Classroom Hours: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Preschool Program? yes
- Full Day Kindergarten? yes
- Half Day Kindergarten? yes
See School View the Colorado Department of Education's report on school and district performance.
Sources of School Pride
- We promote kindness and compassion throughout the school using "Rachel's Challenge" as a way to complement our Positive Behavior Support (PBIS) behavior system.
- We have a culturally and linguistically diverse student population and celebrate this diversity through educational events.
- We are "Healthy School Champions" and use a variety of activities and resources to promote health and wellness for all students, staff, and our community.
Our mission at Blue Heron Elementary is to empower all students with opportunities, knowledge, and experiences to help them become responsible and respectful lifelong learners. We believe in a rigorous academic program complemented by opportunities in art, music, physical education, and other extracurricular activities which support the healthy growth and development of the "whole student" and support a focus on lifelong learning. Our highly qualified instructional staff is dedicated to implementing the best, research-based instructional practices and incorporating technology to enrich the 21st century classroom experience.