Jeffco Public School's Transportation Department proudly provides service for the almost 86,000 students who attend schools on 185 campuses.
To help offset the high cost of transportation, Jeffco Public Schools has initiated a bus fee. Some students are exempt from paying this fee. Please read the information below for details.
- All students who ride the bus to a neighborhood school will be charged $150 per child, per year.
- Students who attend option schools will pay $200 per child, per year to ride the bus.
- Choice enrolled students or students ineligible for bus service (those living within walking distance and/or beyond bus service) may buy a bus pass for $200 per child, per year, depending on space available.
- Intra–school shuttles will cost $75 per child, per year.
- Half-day kindergarten passes will be available for $75 per child per year at neighborhood schools.
- Half-day kindergarten passes will be available for $100 per child, per year for option schools.
- Part-Time pass is available for eligible riders needing a pass for one direction transportation only for $80.00.
- Part-Time option passes are available for optional/choice riders needing a pass for one direction transportation only for $110.00.
If a student does not ride the bus, they are not charged a fee.
Transportation fees may be paid through the online Jeffco Student Fee Payment inside Jeffco Connect, or can be paid at the school. Bus passes will be distributed by transportation personnel.
After the first two weeks of school, students will need to show their pass upon boarding the bus.
Students Exempt from Bus Fees
Students who qualify for free and reduced lunch can apply to have bus fees waived. Information about applying for fee waivers can be found here. Special education students with individual needs and an approved IEP specifying eligibility for transportation as a related service will also be exempt from bus fees. If you cannot afford the bus fee, please talk to a school administrator.
Parents can also read our Frequently Asked Questions about bus fees.
Information about other school fees can be found here.
Starting Monday, Sept. 23, Transportation will start running a new bus schedule to Ralston Valley. We will retain all of the former stops except the stops on Hwy #72 that are inaccessible. See the new schedule.
Use the link below to access InfoFinder to locate bus routes, bus stop times, and your neighborhood schools.
- Bus Transportation Policy
- General Frequently Asked Questions for Parents
- Bus Fees Frequently Asked Questions
- Special Needs Transportation
Jeffco Transportation's office hours are 4 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For emergencies after hours, please contact Safety and Security at either 303-232-8688 or 303-982-2445. If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911.Interested in Driving a Jeffco School Bus?
A school bus driver is a member of the best-screened, best-qualified, and best-trained profession associated with the motor transport industry in the country. They are members of the motor transport industry that possesses the safest transportation record in the world. Read more.
For issues or questions about buses, routes, policy or discipline, please contact the director of the bus terminal for your area.