Central Area, 303-982-2324 (South of I-70, North of Jewell, including Ralston Elementary)
North Area, 303-982-1998 (North of I-70, including Coal Creek Elementary)
South Area, 303-982-9057 (South of Jewell, including Red Rocks Elementary)
West Area, 303-982-5215 (Conifer and Evergreen articulation area (excluding Ralston Elementary))
- The driver is not allowed to use the horn or to phone your home to announce the arrival of the bus.
- Drivers and assistants are not permitted to walk to your door in either the morning or afternoon.
- Assistants may walk across the street with passengers who need assistance.
- Please be ready 5 minutes ahead of scheduled pickup time. Have passengers outdoors in plain view of the bus driver, at their bus stop.
- Drivers will wait 1 minute after the scheduled pickup time before leaving unless someone comes to the door of the bus to advise the driver that the passenger will be boarding the bus shortly. Drivers may not be able to wait much longer than 1 minute if waiting will make the bus late on the rest of its route.
- If your student will not be riding the bus, please call 1 hour before the scheduled pickup time. If a student does not ride the bus for 3 consecutive school days without notification from the parent/guardian, service will be discontinued. To resume service please call your service terminal.
- Please have someone available to meet the bus at the drop off location 1/2 hour before the scheduled dropoff time. Special needs routes may run early when not all students ride.
- A student may be left with a designated neighbor or at home alone only if it is designated in the student's IEP (Individual Education Plan).
- If a student may not be left alone and no one is at the designated drop off point to receive the student, Transportation will:
- Attempt to call the residence. If no contact we will then:
- Call emergency and work phone numbers to notify parent/guardian
- Contact the home school to return the student—if possible
- If no contact can be made the bus will bring the student to the bus terminal. If the parent/guardian can still not be contacted, we will call the appropriate police/social services agency.
For transportation changes concerning student information, please contact a member of your school's Special Education Team. They will provide this information to the appropriate Special Education Field Technician for processing a new 1066 Form. After this form has been received and the route rescheduled, the Transportation Specialist will attempt to contact the parent by telephone; or failing this, a notice will be sent home.
Transportation appreciates, if possible, that the same bus stop location be used for both morning and afternoon. If approved, the pick-up address may be different from the drop-off address as long as it remains consistent Monday thru Friday.Medications and Personal Belongings
- Mark the student's name on medications.
- Give medications to the driver or assistant for safe keeping during transportation.
- Send all other belongings in a bag. Send loose money in an envelope.
- Mark all bags, envelopes, etc. with the student's name.
- Students need to be dressed appropriately for weather conditions. Students may have to wait outside for the bus either at home or at the school in inclement weather.
- Please be sure students are not are not wet or soiled.
- Because of the danger of choking, we prefer students not eat or drink while on the bus. Allowances may be made if the student's IEP, (Individual Education Plan) or a doctor's written request indicates that eating or drinking for medical purposes should be allowed on the bus.
- Wheelchairs, walkers, car seats or other devices, in which the passenger(s) ride in or on, or equipment that might need to be transported on the bus, must be in good repair.
- Wheelchair brakes must be in good working condition and kept locked while the chair is on the bus. For the safety of all passengers we recommend that all battery-powered devices utilize gel type batteries in lieu of lead-acid batteries
- Wheelchairs and other seating devices must be equipped with appropriate belt(s) to hold the passenger in their device. Velcro-type fasteners are not sufficient. Belts must be fastened when riding on the bus.
- Mobility devices may be subject to inspection and manufactures suggestion.
- Please wash wheelchairs on a regular basis to help keep them clean of spilled foods, body waste, and other bacteria-promoting substances.